Matt is originally from Concord, MA and has lived in DC for 3 years. He was an English major and music minor at Harvard (smarty pants). Matt loves football (Pats fan...*eyeroll*) and music. We’re so stoked to have him as a part of our team.
Here's what Matt had to say when we asked him a few very important questions:
1. What's your favorite book & what are you currently reading?
- It’s so hard to choose just one book! At the moment, I might say The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon, but I also just finished White Teeth and can’t stop thinking about it. Right now, I’m trying to read all of the books that I should have read in school but didn’t (turns out that Faulkner guy was a decent writer).
2. What's your drink of choice?
- A good beer - I love an IPA or Saison from Churchkey, but nothing beats my roommate’s home-brew.
3. What kind of stuff do you do when you're not at Kramers?
- I spend a lot of time plucking the guitar and trying to teach myself piano. I grew up in a musical family, with both parents holding careers in the arts. Luckily, I bucked the family business for the much more lucrative world of Independent Bookshops.
4.What’s your current music playlist (5 songs)?
- Just 5 songs? Ok, here goes. I’d have to start with some of a couple of songs I’ve been obsessed with recently:
1) Jacob Collier’s cover of “In My Room”
2) Sigrid’s “Don’t Kill My Vibe,”
..and would have to throw on some oldies...
3) “A Change is Gonna Come” by Sam Cooke
4) “Will You Love Me Tomorrow?” by Carole King.
…and for the final song…
5) the entire new Kendrick Lamar album. No, I don’t care if that’s cheating.
5. What’s your adult film star name (Middle name and street you grew up on)?
- Conor Lowell
Posted in: Employee Spotlight